Google+ Jen Ryland/YA Romantics: Extra! Extra! The Lost Week

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Extra! Extra! The Lost Week

Extra! Extra!

Extra! Extra! is my weekend post featuring brand new additions to my TBR pile as well as a summary of what's new on the blog.

This weekend I'm linking to Stacking the Shelves @ Tynga's Reviews or to Sunday Post hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. 

I'm calling this the Lost Week because I've had some horrible cold/sinus thing this entire week and I feel like a whole week just disappeared. On the plus side, I did get a lot of reading done...

GIVEAWAYS:  

New March Hot Off the Presses. Link up your March YA reviews and enter to win a new release of your choice!

NEW BOOKS:

I'm trying not to request too many books, as I've still got a TON of April and May stuff to read. But thanks to Sourcebooks for approving me on a WoW book from a while back...



Boys Like You
by Juliana Stone
May 1, 2014
Sourcebooks

Synopsis: One mistake. And everything changes. For Monroe Blackwell, one small mistake has torn her family apart –leaving her empty and broken. There’s a hole in her heart that nothing can fill. That no one can fill. And a summer in Louisiana with her Grandma isn’t going to change that. Nathan Everets knows heartache first-hand when a car accident leaves his best friend in a coma. And it’s his fault. He should be the one lying in the hospital. The one who will never play guitar again. He doesn’t deserve forgiveness, and a court-appointed job at the Blackwell B&B isn’t going to change that…


BLOG NEWS:  Last week's theme week was:

SPIES, ALTER EGOS AND SERIAL KILLERS!


pic name pic name pic name

It was so much fun that I'm extending the week.

Here's what you might have missed:

Alter Egos: Something Real by Heather Demetrios
Psychic Soviet Spies: Sekret by Lindsay Smith
Author Alter Egos -- a Trending Thursday post

Next Week: Serial Killer Smackdown, YA Serial Killer Compare and Contrast and another giveaway!


Have a great weekend and a great week of reading! Leave me a comment so I can visit you back :)

12 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better soon Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ughhh, sinus troubles, oh no! I've had a pretty rough week in terms of school and exams, so I guess I can kind of relate? We're still alive though! I really hope you get better soon! :)

    And I definitely know what you mean about April/May review books - and June, for that matter. I've stopped requesting, but they keep coming, grrr. *runs away*

    Hope you have an awesome week! And enjoy your new book!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sinus issues are the worst - feel better soon, Jen!

    And I hear you on not requesting too many books, it's hard to keep up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ew, colds suck. I had a cold last sunday....and yes I did get a lot of reading done too, but I was dang miserable. :/ I hope you get better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate sinus, I actually just recovered from one recently and I did get a lot done though! Great job on the reading Jen, and I love your themed filled weeks, its great :)

    Happy Reading!
    Patrick @ The Bookshelves

    ReplyDelete
  6. The book you requested sounds great. Hopefully it will be a great read. Looking forward to hearing your thought on it.

    Happy reading, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feel better and enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had my eye on Boys Like You. I hope you like it! I'll be waiting to hear what you think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got Boys Like Me too! I'm starting it this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I believe you said you're feeling better now and I'm glad-I've seen some nasty colds/flus/sinus stuff this winter and it looks horrible. Boys Like Me doesn't really sound like my kind of thing but I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment and try to respond to as many as possible. Leave a link to your blog so I can visit you back. And if you're a new follower, please let me know :)
If you have any trouble commenting, please let me know via the contact me page!

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs